Liquid CS:GO Team Profile
A brief history
- Founded in the Netherlands way back in 2000.
- Originated as a Brood War clan that shortly after switched to StarCraft 2 becoming one of the most successful teams.
- Early 2015 Team Liquid announced they would have a CS:GO team.
- The founding lineup of the Team Liquid CS:GO Team featured Damian ‘Daps’ Steele, Keith ‘NAF’ Markovic, Eric ‘adreN’ Hoag, Nicholas ‘Nitr0’ Canella and Jacob ‘Fugly’ Medina.
- The first coach for Team Liquid was Matt “Warden” Dickens known for his time spent with Complexity Gaming.
- One of the biggest teams’ signings was Oleksandr ‘s1mple’ kostyliev who joined in January of 2016. He unfortunately left after just three months to join a European Team.
- May 2016 see’s the arrival of Luis ‘Peacemaker’ Tadeu and Coach. Peacemaker has a successful career as a pro across 1.6, Source and Global Offensive. He also went on to leave in October of 2016.
- The legend that is Spencer ‘Hiko’ Martin departs Team Liquid in February of 2017.
- February 2018 showed the return of Keith ‘NAF’ Markovic to the active roster after almost three years!
Team Liquid began 2018 in fine form taking out the reigning champions Cloud 9 and at the time world number one SK Gaming picking up the trophy at the CS Summit 2.
Two straight semifinal finishes followed their fantastic start as they fell victim to Astralis shortly afterwards in the ESL Pro League Season 7. This, unfortunately, started off a trend with Team Liquid losing their next four encounters with the Danish Giants.
Can Team Liquid break through and take home some silverware? Or will we see more falling at the final hurdles?
- Team Liquid Players